The Adventure Sports Center International (ASCI) features the world's only mountaintop whitewater park, and is home to Deep Creek Lake's most exciting family rafting adventure. ASCI is located on top of Wisp Resort next to the Pumphouse Cafe.
Driving Directions to ASCI:
- From Interstate 68, take exit 14A (Route 219 South) towards Oakland .
- Travel 13 miles on 219 South. Turn right on Sang Run Road just past the Exxon Station (“Slopeside)”.
- Turn left on Marsh Hill Road.
- Stay on Marsh Hill Road for about a mile. (You’ll pass Wisp Resort on your right.)
- Take the first right after the last chair lift / ski slope on your right. Look for blue sign pointing to ASCI. Drive up to the stop sign at the top of the hill.
- Take a right at the stop sign (following ASCI sign), and drive ½ mile till you see the ASCI facility and whitewater course on the left.
- Take a left at signs for ASCI. A small shed will be on your left.
- ASCI is the first large building on the left.
Driving Directions to ASCI's Fork Run Recreation Area:
- From ASCI, proceed down Sandy Shores Rd. away from the course. Do not turn back down Overlook Pass (steep road that goes down the mountain).
- Turn right at intersection with Shingle Camp Rd. Go two miles down Shingle Camp Rd.
- The Fork Run entrance is on the right before Shingle Camp runs into Oakland-Sang Run Rd.